1928 Uplands Preparatory School,
a co-educational Anglican school,
first opened its doors as a
small farm school.
its humble beginnings the school
has grown to become one of the
most prestigious preparatory
schools in South Africa, catering
for 435 day scholars and boarders.
need for a local high school
offering a continuation of the
Uplands Preparatory value-based
education inspired parents to
build Uplands College.
decision to found the school
was made on 31 May 1997. Land
was donated by Mondi and R350000
was received from the Anglo
American Chairman’s Fund.
The balance of the cost of erecting
and establishing Phase 1 of
the school was borne by individual
parents in their determination
to meet the growing need for
quality education within the